Did you catch part one? It was about the teams in F1. You can read it here: Interesting Formula 1 Statistics – Part One
In this post, we’ll focus on the drivers:
- Michael Schumacher is the most successful driver of all time with 91 wins.
- Rubens Barrichello has the records for starts at 322.
- The youngest driver to start a race was Jaime Alguersuari who was 19.
- The oldest was Louis Chiron, who was 58.
- In terms of wins, the top 3 British drivers are Nigel Mansell (31), Jackie Stewart (27) and Jim Clark (25).
- The highest percentage of wins to starts belongs to Juan Manuel Fangio, who won 46% of the races he entered. That compares to current champion Sebastien Vettel’s 27%.
- In 2004 Schumacher managed to win 13 of the 18 races in the season.
- Lewis Hamilton and Jacques Villeneuve are at the top of the table for “Most wins in their first season in F1” with 4 apiece.
- Mark Webber holds the dubious record of the most races before his first win – 132.
- Andrea de Cesaris eclipses that have started 208 Grands Prix and never won!
- Stirling Moss has the most wins (16) by a driver who never won the world championship.