A few photos of the Burnley FC under 21 squad enjoying a spin around our track.......
Take a look at what we've done with our new minibus!
Previously our fleet colour has been silver & grey but our new vehicle is white, which gave us the perfect background and opportunity to launch our new branding.
Been saving our new bus for a very special family and here they are the Hithersays and Wainwrights from Sheffield, the first people ever on our brand new bus!
Great to see you all again and hope to see you later in the year when you sell the daughters Clio!
Best regards from all the team at Go Karting San Bartolome.
Thanks to the popularity of our free collection and drop off service in all of Lanzarote's resorts, we've added a new Minibus to our fleet.
The new bus is the new model Opel Vivaro and replaces our very first one, Mini Bus One, which is being retired with an amazing 362,000 KM on the clock, and has carried thousands of happy people to and from the track over the last few years.
We're constantly working on ways that we can improve our excellent go karting facilities at the track in San Bartolomé. Take a look at the brand new shiny roof we've recently installed on our kart garage.
We're very happy to announce we've passed our annual inspections with TUI and Thomas Cook once again, so we can continue to provide a fantastic day out for all their customers visiting the island.
Inspectors visit us every year and we have to comply with their 191 point health and safety checklist, as does any business that works with those travel companies.
We've had an action packed weekend at Lanzarote Go Karting with the Rally Tìas-Yaiza event, we were at the presentation on Friday night, followed by a rally spectacular right here at the track on Saturday morning, and the award ceremony on Saturday evening.
This video is a compilation of small videos and stills from the event.
Did you catch part one? It was about the teams in F1. You can read it here: Interesting Formula 1 Statistics – Part One
In this post, we’ll focus on the drivers:
- Michael Schumacher is the most successful driver of all time with 91 wins.
- Rubens Barrichello has the records for starts at 322.
- The youngest driver to start a race was Jaime Alguersuari who was 19.
- The oldest was Louis Chiron, who was 58.
- In terms of wins, the top 3 British drivers are Nigel Mansell (31), Jackie Stewart (27) and Jim Clark (25).
- The highest percentage of wins to starts belongs to Juan Manuel Fangio, who won 46% of the races he entered. That compares to current champion Sebastien Vettel’s 27%.
- In 2004 Schumacher managed to win 13 of the 18 races in the season.
- Lewis Hamilton and Jacques Villeneuve are at the top of the table for “Most wins in their first season in F1” with 4 apiece.
- Mark Webber holds the dubious record of the most races before his first win – 132.
- Andrea de Cesaris eclipses that have started 208 Grands Prix and never won!
- Stirling Moss has the most wins (16) by a driver who never won the world championship.